Terms & Conditions
Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Parables Magazine, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old (Parents, teachers, PREP Catechists, who will share content with their children/students.)
1. Your Parables Account and Site. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. Paid Contributors, see our Submission Guidelines. Other contributions
o If you comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
o the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
o you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
o the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses, or other harmful or destructive content;
o the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third-party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third-party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
o the Content is not profane, rude, harmful, or pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
Parables Magazine has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Parables’ sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Parables’ reasonable opinion, violates Catholic Teaching, the mission of Parables, or any Parables policy and/or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Parables’ sole discretion. Parables will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid in the event an account is cancelled due to violations of the Policy.
3. Payment and Renewal.
o General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay Parables the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an annual subscription or one-time purchase. Since the products are digital, payments are not refundable.
o Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify Parables before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to Parables Magazine in writing at email@example.com.
o Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Services account you agree to pay Parables Magazine the applicable setup fees and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of future services. Parables reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Services can be canceled by you at any time by contacting Parables Magazine.
5. Content Posted on Other Websites. Although we make every effort to keep the content Catholic/Christian, we have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Parables Magazine links, and that link to Parables Magazine. Parables does not have any control over those non-Parables websites and webpages and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Parables website or webpage, Parables does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Parables disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Parables websites and webpages.
6. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Parables Magazine asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by myparables.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Jennifer Gladen, Editor-in-Chief of Parables Magazine in accordance with Parables Magazine’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Jennifer Gladen will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Parables Magazine will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Parables Magazine or others. In the case of such termination, Parables Magazine will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Laurie Wright.
7. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Parables Magazine to you any Parables Magazine or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Parables Magazine. Parables Magazine, myparables.com, Jennifer Gladen, the Parables Magazine, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with Parables Magazine, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parables Magazine or Parables Magazine’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Parables Magazine or third-party trademarks.
8. Advertisements. Parables reserves the right to display advertisements on the website.
9. Attribution. Parables Magazine reserves the right to display attribution links such in Parables Magazine’s Blog.
10. Changes. Parables Magazine reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Parables Magazine may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
11. Termination. Parables Magazine may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Parables account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by Parables Magazine if you breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from Parables’ notice to you thereof; provided that, Parables Magazine can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Parables Magazine and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Neither Parables Magazine nor its suppliers and licensors make any warranty that the Website will be error-free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
13. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Parables Magazine, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental, or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Parables Magazine under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Parables Magazine shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
15. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Parables Magazine, its contractors, its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
16. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Parables Magazine and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may be modified at any time. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Pennsylvania, US, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Northampton County, PA. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
17. Waiver and severability of terms
At any time, should Parables Magazine fail to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS, such failure shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
18. Statute of limitations
You acknowledge, understand and agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or action arising out of or related to the use of our Services or the TOS must be filed within 1 year(s) after said claim or cause of action arose or shall be forever barred.
In the event you have a dispute, you agree to release Parables Magazine, (and its officers, directors, employees, agents, parent subsidiaries, affiliates, co-branders, partners and any other third parties) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to such dispute.
20. Limitation of liability
You explicitly acknowledge, understand, and agree that Parables Magazine and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, and licensors shall not be liable to you for any punitive, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages which may be related to the loss of any profits, goodwill, use, data and/or other intangible losses, even though we may have been advised of such possibility that said damages may occur and result from:
o The use or inability to use our services;
o The cost of procuring substitute goods and services;
o Unauthorized access to or the alteration of your transmissions and/or data;
o Statements or conduct of any such third party on our service;
o And any other matter which may be related to our service.