Thank you for your interest in submitting to Parables Magazine. Please read through the Submission Guidelines. Submitting your work indicates that you have read and understand the guidelines.
Click here for a printable version.
All written submissions should be sent via e-mail to:
parablessubs @ gmail.com
Contributors MUST be able to receive payments via PAYPAL.
Any other arrangements must be approved by the publisher before work is officially accepted.
Send all written submissions to our Editor Christina Weigand at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Due Dates are:
Summer 2023 – APRIL 25, 2023
Fall 2023 – July 25, 2023
**Christmas 2023 – SEPTEMBER 25, 2023 **
Winter 2024 – NOVEMBER 25, 2023
** Specialty Issues: Submissions urgently requested*
Ideas write about include:
- Topics that coincide with the Liturgical Calendar
- Saint Feast Days **Query first about your particular saint as we may already have content for him or her. **
- What we believe – i.e. (think of the Creed and Catechism)
- How to pray
- Daily struggles and hardships (that children 6-12 may run into)
- Catholic traditions
- The Beatitudes – How to live them and what they are.
- The Sacraments
- Guides/tips on Confession
- How to prepare for Confirmation
- The Holy Spirit
- How to deepen our relationship with God
- Family Routines
- Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy
- Venial and Mortal sins
- What the Liturgical Calendar is
We are looking for content that touches on the history, Traditions, saints, and Scripture of that season.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
We are looking for Stories
- With well-developed characters facing a problem they need to solve
- Stories should demonstrate a positive decision-making process if needed.
- Stories should not be overly “preachy”. Instead, we want to see Catholic values displayed in real-life settings.
- Word Count – up to 500 words.
Reading the Word of God is arming ourselves with the “Belt of Truth.
Knowing about the faith and the reasons behind our traditions will help our readers in protecting their faith. Be creative and fun!
Topic ideas include Articles about:
- Church history
- Saint Feast Days
- Biographies of Church leaders and saints
- Nonfiction for PREP classes
- Word Count – up to 600 words. Approval is needed for longer articles.
Poems should be:
- Of children’s interests
- Centered on a religious figure, theme, or concept
- Up to 12 lines in length.
Activities can be:
- crossword puzzles
- word finds
- coloring pages
- or any other fun activity to learn the faith
Submit through e-mail
Put the submission category and the in the subject line (Fiction, Poetry). Indicate in the e-mail which issue you are submitting for.
If your submission is a simultaneous submission, please indicate this in your submission e-mail.
**Manuscripts may be edited for length and/or minor content changes. ** Anything that needs substantial changes, our team will contact the author.
Response time varies but is generally one – three weeks.
- Attach to email .doc, .dox, rtf, or Google Doc.
- Double spaced, size 14, and in Times New Roman.
- Include at the top of your document your name, e-mail, submission type, and word count. For Bible Stories, include the Bible verses you are retelling.
***ALL payments are sent via PAYPAL ***
Stories and Bible Stories – .02¢ per word paid via PayPal
Articles – .03¢ per word paid via PAYPAL
Poems and Activities – $5.00 Paid via PAYPAL
Fill out this GOOGLE FORM here.
If we are interested, we will let you know that you will be added to our list of illustrators. When a manuscript is accepted and we think it matches your style and interest, we will assign the illustration with a projected deadline.
Cover Art – $55 Paid via PAYPAL
Bible Art – $20 Paid via PAYPAL
Story or Article – $25 Paid via PAYPAL
Hidden Picture Activity/Rebus – $25 Paid via PAYPAL
Poem – $10 Paid via PAYPAL
***ALL payments are sent via PAYPAL ***
If there are special illustration projects that come up, payment will be decided at that time.
Payment is sent upon publication.
Illustrators will always retain the right to use their work on their website and other promotions unless specifically stated otherwise.
Parables Magazine asks for Exclusive and Reprint rights (both print and electronic).
Join our Contributor’s Group on Facebook for up-to-date submission calls.